LaPorte Products is searching for highly motivated, responsible team players for full-time employment of entry-level, skilled, or highly skilled personnel as a CNC Operator.
Summary (Training Provided):
The CNC Operator is responsible for assisting with production operations and equipment while ensuring conformance to specifications, preparing and cutting raw material by operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine, and inspecting, testing, and sampling materials or assembled parts or products for defects and deviations from specifications.
Task, Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Qualifications include the following but not limited to:
- Determine proper materials and patterns to be produced based on customer orders.
- Understand and enforce product specifications.
- Remove all products and materials that fail to meet specifications and assure changes meet production standards.
- Manage the inflow and outflow of incoming materials and work orders as well as completed products.
- Prepare, operate, and maintain several CNC machines in an efficient manner.
- Understand the specifications of the task at hand and desired results by reading technical drawings.
- Maintain quality and safety standards.
- Properly handle the equipment and supplies of the machine.
- Keep records accurately and thoroughly in the company log.
- Complete all responsibilities above quickly enough to maintain our high production goals.
- Faith-based company
- Team goals
- Individual development
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of working a consistent schedule starting at 7 AM
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to spend long periods of time standing
- Knowledge of current technology
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work with a team
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Willingness to learn and receive instruction
- Dependable for being on time and ready to work with an excellent record of attendance
- Applicant must be highly motivated
- Accountable to their own actions
- Pass a background check
Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive pay (depending on experience).
- Family-friendly work schedule. Monday - Thursday 7 am to 4 pm and Friday 7 am to 1 pm.
- Two weeks of paid vacation (July 4th and Christmas).
- Eligible for bonuses after a 90-day probationary period.
- Paid Holidays (Good Friday, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Etc.)
- Health Savings Account Packages Available